This is what I do for a living, doing vector illustrations at istockphoto.com. Click my lightbox to view more of my collection. Download these vector illustrations at prices anyone can afford. If you want a customized vector illustration just drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on thumbnails to view more vector illustration collections. Creatively done by Darlene Sanguenza Cano. Available for download at very affordable price.
You can also request a customized work on logo design, mascot and cartoon character, caricature, avatar, greeting card illustration and website banner illustration. Just drop her a line at email@example.com.
Somebody won 40,000 pesos (833 usd) over my Tarsier Artwork.
“It’s a small world after all (4x)” as what the song goes, very much true indeed. I posted my Tarsier artwork in my blogs and submitted it also to istockphoto.com. To my surprise, somebody contacted me saying I had done something wrong to you, I used your tarsier artwork in a logo competition and it won. He’s telling how sorry he was, so I ask him the details of the logo contest, but he’s keeping it secret. So I told him to download the file from istockphoto.com coz he’s asking for the vector file, terrible. But he didn’t make a move, he traced it somehow coz till now my file got zero download.
I’ve warned him that the artwork is copyrighted in my name and to istockphoto.com. Here’s the term of use. Legally I have a fight, I informed him. He’s begging and telling me that he’ll be sharing the prize. But months passed I don’t hear anything from him.
A friend from Cagayan de Oro arrived, over a yummy lasagna and thirst quenching ice tea, a treat from anna, we’ve talk about art stuff, life and etc… Our conversation then went to my missing Tarsier. This friend from Cagayan informed me about a logo contest thing coz she also joined, she saw my tarsier icon being used in the competition. She’s asking if I had a share coz the prize was 40,000 pesos.. Gosh I’ve felt numbness for a while. And it connects to the blog I’ve read that I suspected that the logo competition was all about. Click the details of the logo competition.
He contacted me through my multiply account so, I can trace his account as well. He’s even in my contacts. This guy is from Cagayan de Oro City. I didn’t actually know that he’s bisaya too, like me coz he spoke tagalog in our chat. I contacted him again and given him chances, we’ve discussed so many things and also to his offer that he’ll be giving half of the prize. But till now I don’t think that this thing could be resolve, he’s alibis echoed to my eardrums.
I’m writing this, somehow to let people know about the value of truthfulness. Coz truly it’s a small world after all. There is just one moon and one golden sun. Though the mountains divide and the oceans are wide , It’s a small small world !!!!!!! Duol ra gyud ang Cagayan ug Bohol, then Cagayan ug Cebu.
I’m still hoping for his public apology and for telling the organizers about the truth. mmmhh.. Anyway, KARMA works. For me SORRY spelled like this ACTION.
Cagay-anons If ever you’ll meet my Tarsier friend roaming around your place please return it to its Sanctuary, don’t hesitate to contact me coz I’m from Bohol. Here’s my email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like to thank my friends for their support.
Kristy- ” The Stolen Tarsier”
Bintoy – Don’t be like a “tarsier”.
Xtinger – Found the lost TARSIER
A call for help, please save our forest! Let us plant more trees.
Copyright: Darlene Sanguenza
Quite helpful list on what to give on Valentine’s day.
- An engraved sweetheart locket
- A holiday-themed watch with changeable ribbon bands
- Bubble bath
- Her favorite perfume and soaps in a matching scent
- A simple, yet spectacular bunch of red tulips or her favorite flowers
- Two-dozen long-stem red roses
- Plush stuffed animal (with a gift certificate tucked in his arms)
- Luxurious cashmere blanket
- Tickets to his favorite sporting event (but you get to come along)
- A trio of gourmet coffees and a mug in his favorite color
- Cashmere sweater
- Leather gloves
- Homemade brownies in an antique tin-tied with a spectacular bow
For Both of You
- Champagne-in a bucket engraved with your love poem
- Candlelit dinner out on the town
- Moroccan lantern and scented candle
- Romantic music
- An engraved ice cream scoop and a quart of your favorite flavor
- Sign up for dance lessons, and enjoy an entire month of cha, cha, cha
- Chocolate, of course!
- Nothing beats a homemade card with a SuperCertificate tucked inside!
- Friendship charm for a bracelet
- Friendship rings
- Stack of specialty or imported magazines tied with a satin ribbon
- Homemade lollipops
For Kids & Family
- Valentine’s Day coloring book
- Novelty heart-shaped sunglasses
- Supplies for making cards
- Chocolate mold and colored foil for making chocolates
- Candy-making kit
- Valentine’s Day cookie cutters and a day of cookie making
- Heart-shaped waffle iron
My own version on “For Him”
I prefered not to spend much money since we’re on crisis, I made a customized e-card for my boyfriend, see below. If you don’t know how to draw just be creative, scrapbooking also works.
Copyright: Darlene Sanguenza